George Michael 'died of heart failure' reports manager Michael Lippman

George Michael is said to have died from ‘suspected heart failure’ [Wenn]

And after millions of condolences poured out for the music legend, his long-time manager has reportedly confirmed how he passed.

Michael Lippman said his cause of death was suspected heart failure, according to the Associated Press. 

Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring in Oxfordshire at 13:42 GMT.

The force stated: “Sadly, a 53-year-old man was confirmed deceased at the scene.

George Michael passed away peacefully[Wenn]

“At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained but not suspicious.

“A post-mortem will be undertaken in due course.”

In a statement, the star’s publicist said: “It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.

“The family would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult and emotional time. There will be no further comment at this stage.”

George Michael of Wham! performs on stage at the National Exhibition Centre in 1985 [Getty]

Tributes have poured in the the Wham! singer, whose career spanned almost four decades.

Kym marsh lead the way, tweeting: “2016 has taken too many away from us. RIP George Michael x.”

While singer Alison Moyet added: “I met George Michael a few times & he was ever a gentle, unassuming soul.A rare presence in a world full of self.

“Honest, genuine talent.”

George Michael in 2007 [Getty]

This Morning host Eamonn Holmes wrote: “Unbelievable re George Michael. Played that song today little knowing that it would actually be his Last Christmas. So sad. Gone too soon.”

And Gary Linekar added: “No, not George Michael as well. Another musical great leaves us this year. 2016 can just sod off. #RIPGeorge.”

George was born in Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou, north London and sold more than 100m albums throughout a career spanning almost four decades.

In 2011, Michael postponed a series of concerts after being taken to hospital for treatment for pneumonia.

Tributes have poured in for the Faith singer [Wenn]

After treatment in a Vienna hospital, he made a tearful appearance outside his London home and said it had been “touch and go” whether he lived.

Doctors were said to have performed a tracheotomy to keep his airways open and he was unconscious for some of his spell in hospital.

Our thoughts are with George’s family, friends and fans at this difficult time. 

Leave a Reply